Monday, May 21, 2012

I can't do it captain, I just don't have the power!

Gluten-free flours, wow what a challenge...

I've been working on my gluten-free cookbook, so I've been perfecting all of my gluten-free flour mixes to use in a variety of recipes.  I have been playing with all kinds of flours, and writing recipes from quick breads, yeast breads, and pizza crusts, to cookies, cakes, and pies.  But, as difficult as this all has been I've been able to push through and think about ways to improve but now I have finally hit a wall.

Tonight, I attempted to make gf homemade flour tortillas, and it was not quite a success.  They were edible, but not very tasty. This seems like it should be so simple, but authentic flour tortillas are usually so fluffy and delicious, so how do I create that same flavor and texture without wheat?  Does anyone have any advice on this one?

No comments: