Friday, February 22, 2013

Gluten-free, Vegan Scones

Preparing for my transition to becoming vegan I have been gradually eating through all my dairy, and the eggs are all gone.  So, now learning to bake without eggs or butter is the difficulty I face.  Here is my first experiment, and I think it worked out rather well.















Lingon Berry Chocolate Chip Scones
yield: 12 scones

2 Cups GF bread flour (see my recipe)
1/2 cup Sugar
1 Tbsp. Baking powder
1/3 cup Olive Oil
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 cup Almond Milk (warmed)
1/4 cup Lingon Berry Preserves
1/2 cup Trader Joe's Chocolate chips (both gluten free and dairy free)

Preheat oven to 350.

Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.  Make a well.

Quickly pour olive oil and vanilla into dry ingredients mix with a fork quickly until ingredients form small clumps.

Gently mix all other ingredients until they come together to form a dough.  Do not over mix.

Using a spoon scoop 6 evenly-spaced, large mounds of dough onto an un-greased baking scone or baking sheet lined with parchment.

Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.

No comments: