Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Baby It's Cold Outside

With the change of weather often comes seasonal sickness. My throat always could use some help this time of year.  Perhaps my most favorite warm cocktail is also one that happens to be an excellent throat soother.  The Hot Toddy is a classic cocktail that has been used by grandmothers to sooth soar throats for years, even before the concoction received its name.  Even though this cocktail can be a great for medicinal purposes, it is also a great tasty drink for any wintery day.  And, that makes it a great addition in my three part series this week.  So, continuing on with my recommendations for holiday hot drinks, I've included a recipe for my version of the Hot Toddy.  The traditional recipe uses hot water, honey, cloves, a cinnamon stick, lemon juice and whiskey or brandy.  However, like everything I like to put my own spin on things, so here's my recipe for a hot toddy.

Kristen's Hot Toddy:
1 tsp.     Honey
1/4 tsp.  Pumpkin Pie Spice
2 oz.      Hot Water
2 oz.      Blended Scotch
2 Orange Slices

No comments: