Sunday, July 22, 2012

By popular request...

Papa Burgers:

1 lb. 80/20 ground beef
3-4 pieces of bacon
1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup bread crumbs
6 oz. of beer


Cut bacon into bite size pieces, cook bacon in a pan until crispy.  Pour Bacon and fat into a large bowl.  Put all of the remaining ingredients in the bowl. Mix all ingredients in a bowl (*note to pour bread crumbs and beer on top so the bread crumbs can soak up the flavor of the beer.

Makes 4 - 1/4 lb. burgers. Serve with caramelized onions.

I have made these burgers for my co-workers and they have been asking me for the recipe. So, here it is!

And now for a short history:  Originally I came up with these burgers for father's day.  My father is called Papa by my nephews (i.e. Grandpa = Papa).  As such my burger recipe I shortly thereafter dubbed "Papa burgers."  This was named for my father because of the day in which the recipe was created and because this recipe is also meant to only be enjoyed once a year, preferably on father's day. :-)

No comments: